Wow, it's been a while since I've been on Blogger, but it feels great to finally be back!
Firstly, I wanted to give a huge shoutout to all of the bloggers who posted in my absence last week! Solace, helpusobi1, Helen, James, Stilwater, Padme, I really appreciate your willingness to take time out of your day to guest post on HNED, and all of your posts were absolutely AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a better guest poster team! Thank you so much! =D
On a non-related note, I was quickly browsing through my Blog Feed in an effort to catch up with, well, everything since my absence, and I was so happy to discover that I've been tagged by Helen at The Life of a Musician and Dancer! I've never been tagged before, so that's my excuse if I don't do this exactly correct, but I'll definitely try my best!
First thing is to post 11 random things about myself.
1. I'm a Grammar Ninja, which is like a Grammar Nazi but more cool.
2. I'm not always a Grammar Ninja 'cause sometimes I likes to talks the wrong way and haz bad speling just 'cause it's fun. =D
3. I'm planning on seeing The Hobbit Part 1 in theaters with my sister, Ahsoka, and my best friend.
4. My favorite Lord of the Rings character is Eomer.
5. While I do watch movies for entertainment, I never turn my brain off and sit there like a sponge. I'm constantly studying the cinematography, lighting, acting, dialogue, action, worldview, literally everything. That tends to bother most people, but that's just how I roll.
6. I. Hate. Bugs. And. Insects. Gaaaaaah! *shudders*
7. When I meet someone new face-to-face, he will generally get the false impression that I'm serious, stoic, and rigid all the time. And then after he gets to know me, he's startled to find out that I'm actually very bubbly, passionate, and borderline insane (the insanity comes after too much chocolate). That's because I'm usually very reserved and cautious around people I don't know or people I have just met. I don't "loosen up" and act like my normal crazy self unless I'm in the presence of my friends and family. So if you ever meet me in real life, just note that I'm really as weird as I am on HNED. lol!
8. Uhhhhhh.... I once created a whole dictionary on "How To Speak Edessa" (since I use a lot of random noises and phrases when I'm talking).
9. Ummmmm.... I guess I draw blanks. A lot. Like right now.
10. Oh! I'm looking into Studying Abroad next Fall! I'm thinking Ireland, Germany, or Brazil right now, but we'll see where God leads me.
11. "Beauty and the Beast" is my favorite fairy tale, and I tend to really love other stories that have a similar storyline.
Now here are the 11 Questions that Helen created:
1. Out of all of the Marvel Super Hero movies you have seen, which one is your favorite and why?Well, I've actually only seen the first Spider-Man movie, though I do really want to see the others as well. Spider-Man was really good as far as I can remember (I haven't seen it in, like, five years), but, yeah, I'm not sure I can actually answer this question accurately.
2. What is your favorite genre of music?
Soundtrack - both film and video game - is probably my favorite genre of music, but I also like Christian Rock (go Kutless and Pillar!), Opera, and oldies. Oh, and I also recently discovered that I really like Dubstep. Butterfly Crash is probably my favorite Dubstep artist. He's on YouTube and Facebook, so you should check him out. He does some awesome Dubstep songs!
3. What is your favorite time of day?
Well lately it's been nighttime so I can finally get to sleep after a long day of classes, but I think it depends on my mood and what I have to do and what I get to do.
4. What is your favorite movie?
The Lord of the Rings trilogy, hands down! And only the Extended Version 'cause those are just so much better than the Theatrical Cuts. The Star Wars saga is a close second.
5. What are your top five soundtracks?
Aw, maaaaaan.... Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (John Williams) would be on that list, as would The Village (James Newton Howard), Avatar (James Horner), The Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore), and The Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer). But I love so many soundtracks that it would be extremely difficult to plug them into even a Top Twenty list.
6. What is your dream life?
My dream life would have to be getting married to an awesome hard-core Christian guy, directing awesome blockbuster films all over the world, travelling the world over multiple times, seeing my books on the New York Times Top Ten list, creating an MMO, maybe having a couple of kids, and (this one's, like, top priority) reaching the world fearlessly and boldly for Christ. It sure sounds like an impossible life but, hey, with God all things are possible! =D
7. What is/was your favorite subject in school and why?
I really like German, and I always have since I took my first German class in High School. I'd like to be fluent in at least one language, and since I'm part German and I used to live in Sitzenkirch I've basically decided that German is main language I'd love to become fluent in. Yes, it's kind of throaty sounding, but that's part of what I love about the language. It's just so unique, and it's clicking very fast and easily for me.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world but you had three seconds to decide, where would you go?
Germany! 'Nuff said.
9. Who would you prefer to live with: Hobbits or Elves?
Elves most definitely. They're just so awesome, despite the fact that they kinda act a little uppity.
10. Would you rather be in the Hunger Games or a Gladiator fight and why?
Well, I've never seen or read The Hunger Games (though I do know a lot about it), but I do like studying about ancient Roman gladiators (stop looking at me like that, lol!). I would only want to be in the Hunger Games if I was heavily trained in everything from survival to hand-to-hand combat. And I would only want to be in a gladitorial arena if I was allowed to face one person, the fight was not pre-scripted (yes, they did that), the fight was not actually a "play" in which the arena floor would be flooded and the "actors" would all die (that happened a lot, too), if I was heavily trained in every form of combat imaginable, and if I didn't have to wear the outfit that every female gladiator had to wear (which was no top, basically). Looking at that, I think I'll go with the Hunger Games...
11. Han Solo or Iron Man?
Definitely Han Solo. Iron Man is just plain annoying to me. I've never really liked him.
Now here are the 11 Questions that the people I tag will have to answer:
1. If you had the chance to live on Mars, would you do it? Why or why not?
2. What is your favorite song?
3. Would you rather play a video game or watch a movie, and why?
4. What is your favorite film genre?
5. Marvel or DC?
6. What are your favorite kinds of clothes to wear (cardigans, shots, cargo pants, etc.)?
7. Do you think society as a general rule is too wrapped up with celebrities and digging up dirt on said celebrities?
8. Woodchucks or Chipmunks?
9. What song keeps getting stuck in your head?
10. What is your least favorite book?
11. Ancient Rome or Ancient Greece?
Raymond Mendiola IV
Duchess Satine of Mandalore
*happy sigh* It's good to be back! =D
- Edessa, signing off