Monday, August 26, 2013

Podcasts, Buttons, and Scheduling, oh my!

After a very long (but extremely fun) orientation at my new college, classes have finally started today, the Internet is working again, I've been watching way too many Star Trek episodes with Borg (if that's at all possible), and we are back, back, back.

This particular post is a basic overview of things that have happened and what's to come.  Hopefully it will contain things you're all looking forward to, both here and on the Holocron site.


Firstly (since we're on the topic of the Holocron), two new podcast episodes have been posted on the site: a two-part commentary of the special extended version of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.  It's pretty crazy talking through a film that long, I know, but I'm such a geek that it was simply inevitable that this would happen.  Plus, it was crazy fun.  So if you like LOTR and/or like hearing me talk (that sounded slightly stalker-ish...), then you should totally check them out.  It's great fun.

Secondly, HNED has recently had a little work done.  Robyn Lindenmayer (check her out, folks.  She's awesome) created some sweet new social icons for the site so you all can navigate to my e-mail, the Holocron, my Pinterest, and my Twitter just like that.  She also adjusted the margin layout so it looks a whole lot better.  I'm excited about how awesome it looks, and those icons are still totally cute.  I love them so much!

Thirdly, since college just started today, I've created a schedule to live by that also includes designated blogging times.  You can expect HNED updates every other day (starting today and not including Sunday) sometime around 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. Central Time.  The Holocron will be updated once a week (usually on Saturdays), but occasionally I will probably have to update that particular site every other week depending on my work load.  I'll also be posting a new updated podcasting schedule for the Holocron by the end of the week (though likely sometime late Friday afternoon).

Added to all that, I would like your help with something.  If you notice that I haven't blogged for a fair amount of days and seem to have dropped off the planet entirely... please, please, PLEASE don't hesitate to bother me about it.  Spam my inbox, my Twitter and Facebook pages, stand on your rooftop and scream at me, whatever it takes to get me back on track.  Procrastination is probably my worst fault, and I want to break it like Bane snapped Batman's back.  But in order to do that, I need to have accountability partners to yank me back on the path when I start to stray.

Long story short, I'm literally begging you to please bother me incessantly if I disappear without notice.  I would sincerely, honestly appreciate it.


That's all I have for now, but I think that's a pretty good start.  So check out the Holocron, admire those pretty buttons, check up on my Twitter and Pinterest if you're interested, and let's kick this new schoolyear off well (and keep it kicked off).

God bless you guys!




 - Edessa, signing off


8 comments:

  1. I like the pretty buttons:)

    And don't worry Edessa, if you start slacking, you'll be hearing from me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are back! *highfive* =D The social media buttons are cool and your blog looks a lot neater and easier to read now too. =) You shall hear from me if you slow down on posting! I also invited several of my Facebook friends to "Like" your page.

    A quick not topic suggestion. Whenever you plan to play with the guild you might want to try and update TOR the day before because it will probably take over an hour. =)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, James! *highfive* =D

      Hopefully I'll be able to play TOR this Saturday (*fingers crossed*), but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to over the school semester. It might end up being rather sporadic playing, but I'll let you and Caleb know ASAP. I'm ready to establish a consistent normalcy now, lol! =P

      Delete
  3. Yay!! You're back! I love the new social media buttons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stilwater! I'm very glad to be back. =)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to see you back posting! I'm glad that everyone's enjoying the social media buttons. I'll definitely buzz you on Twitter when I notice you're MIA.
    -Robyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D