Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ephesians 4:1-3

At church today, my pastor was giving a message on Ephesians 4:1-3. The title of the sermon was "How Can My Character Change?", and I liked the passage so much that I've decided to have it be this week's Verse For The Week:

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain unity in the Spirit in the bond of peace." - Ephesians 4:1-3 (ESV)

One of the questions that my pastor raised was "How do I become humble?" (which coincides with the part in verse two that talks about walking in "humility"). He challenged us to seek humility, to ask God to build humility within us (and by asking for humility you are being humble because you realize that you, on your own, can't make yourself humble). But asking God for humility doesn't make you humble immediately. It happens over the course of time - in God's perfect time, not in my own schedule - and is a proccess, much like a relationship. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will humility be built up in you in a day.

If you are seeking to be a more humble person (like me), then I would echo my pastor and encourage you to ask God to build humility and the desire to be humble within you. God will answer us when we call upon Him. All we have to do is ask.



I would write something random for today, but I really can't think of anything. So I guess I'll just leave you with Ephesians, and I'll see you all again tomorrow morning!

We'll see if The Avengers managed to beat the all-time opening weekend record that is currently held by The Deathly Hallows, Part Two........




 - Edessa, signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D