The Shine On Award Rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Thank you so much, Stilwater!
2. Post the badge on your blog. It’s pretty. Do it.
3. Answer the questions posed to you. Regardless of how out-of-left-field they may be.
4. Nominate five bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them.
5. Issue some questions you’d like them to answer.
1. Has a character death ever made you shed actual tears and cry uncontrollably?
Not yet, no. =P I have gotten very close to crying during movies (A Walk to Remember and Courageous, most notably), but I've never actually done it because I hate to cry myself. So, yeah. Not yet, but I probably will one day sometime in the future.
2. What are your current favorite songs?
Oh, dear. So many to choose from! Well, right now I'm really liking Remember Me and What Faith Can Do by Kutless, Halo 4: Revival Remix by Butterfly Crash, and the Misty Mountains song from The Hobbit soundtrack.
3. If you had two million dollars, what would you spend it on?
I'd definitely give a huge chunk of it to the church, then I'd probably pay off my college loans. If there was any left over, I'd take my family and my two best friends on a trip across Europe. I'm thinkin' I might need a bit more than two million to do all of that... =)
4. If you could live in any time period in history, what would it be and why?
Another hard one. Ummm... I think I'd probably live during the time of Roman Emperor Constantine. Looking back, God did so many amazing things during that period (not that He's not now, but it was during Constantine's rule that Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire, two great Christian creeds were written [Nicean and Chalcedon], and so many other cool things happened). So, yep. That's where I'd go if I could.
5. Why did you start your blog/DA page?
Well, originally I had a blog on an online school's social site, but I switched it over to Blogger because I wasn't going to be going to that school any longer due to graduation. So that was the main reason behind it, but now I continue it to be salt and light to the whole world (Matthew 5:13-16)...and to fangirl occasionally. =)
6. Do you have a part-time job? If so, what is it? Do you like it?
I do have a part-time job. I work at my college's theater box office, so I reserve tickets for people, answer questions, and hand out tickets on performance nights. I really like it because it's such a calm job (well, until everybody and his mother starts calling the desk at the same time, but that's a different story), plus I love theater and my boss is the most amazing lady on the planet! It's probably the best job I've had so far.
7. What museum do you want to visit the most?
Hmmm...I've never really thought about it. I think I'd probably want to go back to the Huntsville Space Museum. That was probably the most amazing museum I've ever been to! I mean, really, it's kind of hard to beat a museum with a real space rocket sitting outside of the building (I got a picture of my siblings standing directly under the engines, so that was pretty sweet).
8. If you like Star Wars, what are you looking forward to most that's Star Wars-related in the future?
Everything, basically. More Clone Wars, Underworld, all the film being converted into 3D, new video games, more SWTOR content, J.J Abrams and Disney taking over the franchise, the new movies, and finishing up my Sith outfit so I can finally join the 501st Legion. There's just so many reasons to love Star Wars right now.
And here are the bloggers I'm nominating:
James the Movie Reviewer
And if you're on that list and decide to accept the award (I won't be hurt if you don't), here are the questions I have for you:
1. What is your least favorite movie/TV show ever?
2. Dark, Milk, or White chocolate?
3. What do you think of Valentine's Day?
4. If you were stuck on a desert island in the middle of nowhere, would you rather be stuck with Jar Jar Binks or a hungry Ewok?
5. What was the last book you read? Did you like it?
6. What has God been teaching you this year (so far)?
And now for the other award...
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So, seven things about myself. Hmmmm...
1. I was born in Czech Republic, but even though I am an American and I live in America, I still consider Europe to be home. I don't completely know why, but that's just how it's been ever since I can remember.
2. I'm known for making random noises, making up nonsensical words, and inserting random interjections into basically any conversation just because I can. Actually, I once wrote a dictionary on how-to-speak-Edessa. I wonder if I still have that...
3. The very first movie I ever saw at a midnight release was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. It's also the only movie I've ever seen at a midnight release, but I'm hoping to do it again with the other two Hobbit movies.
4. I get writer's block very easily. Like very extremely easily. So it's really hard for me to get into writing because inspirational moments only come once in a blue moon. I'm working on it, though. I will get that screenplay done whether my writer's block likes it or not.
5. One day I would like to go to Germany and direct a film there. I lived in Germany for about three years, I've always loved German culture, and I've been studying the language for about four or five years so far. Add to that, the Germans are well-known for their very deep films, so I'd love to go there and direct a German film in German. It would be definitely hard, but it could also be such a wonderful learning experience and a great way to share God's word overseas.
6. I'm usually very casual and laid-back, but I do occasionally get into moods when I rant for half an hour about something that bothers me or something that I know is very wrong. It's basically like going into a Hulk mode, due to the raging-ness of it. Actually, the best way to get me into Hulk mode is to ask me what I think about politics...
7. One of my best friends just got me hooked on the Firefly TV show, so much so that I think I may create a crusade to bring the show back (or at least help continue the one that's already going on). Bring back Firefly!
You wanna know what? I'm gonna give this award to all of my Followers. You guys are all very inspiring and encouraging to me. I couldn't have asked for better Followers than the ones I've got. You guys all rock!
So thank you again to everyone who awarded me! I really appreciate it, and I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed rest of the week!
- Edessa, signing off