Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Quick Update

Guess where I am?

If you guessed college, you would be very right.

My family just left about ten minutes ago and now here I am, sitting at the desk in my dorm room, waiting until my seven o'clock Student Employment Orientation.

*sigh* I'm not sure how I feel right now. Part of me is excited about being able to experience college (Orientation is tomorrow and classes start on Tuesday). Then the other part of me is about to bawl my lights out because I miss my family.

But I'm the stoic kind of person (or stoic wannabe). I hate to cry. I mean I just hate it! But right now I'm just trying to focus on everything I need to accomplish tonight, everything that needs to be done tomorrow, just getting through one moment at a time. Writing this post is very comforting, but I should be fine tomorrow morning.

...I hope..... lol! XD

On that purely random note, HNED will now be coming to you directly from my college. WOOT! I will continue to update as usual, though I may be writing my posts later in the afternoon do to my class schedule. Tuesdays and Thursdays are especially insane (read breakfast starts at 7:30 and my first class starts at 8:00), but insanity will keep me on my toes.

For those who are interested, my dorm room is in the main building on campus and is connected by tunnel to every other building. That'll be nice during the winter so I won't have to slodge through snow. But I also live on the fifth (and topmost) level. I will have incredibly toned thighs and calves at the end of the semester!

I share a room with only one girl, a fellow freshman named Gabrielle. She's very nice and cool, and we both are very similar. I think we'll have a lot of fun together!

Well, Employment Orientation begins in about an hour and a half, and I can't think of anything else to write about. Oh! By the way - considering the overall positive comments from my podcast-themed post a couple of days ago - I will for sure be overhauling the entirety of the Radar. I'll try to get the first episode recorded and up by Sunday, and I'll let you guys know once it's up.

I'm also thinking that I might want to re-name it "The Holocron." What do you guys think?

I suppose I should go now and see if there's anything else I need to do before the meeting. Thank you for listening to this incredibly rambly post, and I hope you guys all have an awesome rest of the week! God bless!




 - Edessa, signing off

10 comments:

  1. Oh cool! Hope the first couple days aren't too overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at college! And keep the HNED name, I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =D Oh, I wasn't planning on changing HNED's name, just my podcast's name. Sorry I didn't make that clearer! =P

      Delete
  3. May the Force be with you in college!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. College...wow! That's awesome! Exciting and terrifying at the same time. I voted for "The Holocron", btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "insanity will keep me on my toes" -- Edessa

    rofl...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you much luck with college. I start next week and I completely understand the mixed emotions of being nervous yet excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you do well in Collage. :) I think "The Holocron" is a great name for the Podcast.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  8. The holocron is a great name! Why is everyone seeming to go to college and I'm still in 8th grade? lol :P May the Force be with you there and wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tunnels? Cooooool...I'm jealous. I can only dream of living where so much snow is the norm. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D