Friday, May 18, 2012

"Star Wars" Quotes

One of the things I really like about Star Wars is how quoteable the series is. So, for this Commentary Friday, I have created a list of some of my favorite quotes from all seven Star Wars films. Enjoy! :D



Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Beed: I don’t care what universe you’re from, that’s got to hurt.

Obi-Wan: But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
Qui-Gon: But not at the expense of the moment.

Shmi: No, be brave, and don’t look back. Don’t look back.

Padme: You’re a slave?
Anakin: I’m a person and my name is Anakin.


Shmi: You can’t stop change anymore than you can stop the suns from setting.


Darth Maul: At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

Jar Jar: How wude!

Qui-Gon: Credits will do fine.
Watto: No, they won’t-a
Qui-Gon: Credits will do fine.
Watto: No, they won’t-a. What? You think you’re some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that?


Episode 2: Attack of the Clones –

Jar Jar: Dellow Felegates…

Jango: I’m just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.

Jango: Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

Elan: You wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi-Wan: You don’t want to sell me death sticks.
Elan: Ah, I don’t wanna sell you death sticks.
Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.

Elan: I want to go home and rethink my life.


Obi-Wan: I was beginning to wonder if you’d got my message.
Anakin: I retransmitted it to Coruscant, just as you’d requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you.

Obi-Wan: Good job.


Yoda: Mmm. Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.


Yoda: Victory? Victory, you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory. The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen. Begun the Clone War has.



Episode 2.5: The Clone Wars –
Captain Rex: “In my book, experience outranks everything.”


Ahsoka: Great. You woke the baby!


Ahsoka: Master, my Jedi training didn’t prepare me for this. What are we going to do?
Anakin: Well since you think that smelly larvae is cute, you’re gonna carry it.


Clone Pilot: Welcome to paradise, rock jumpers!



Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith –

The Emperor: In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years.
Padme: So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.


Anakin: What was that all about?
Obi-Wan: Well, Artoo has been—
Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
Anakin: He’s trying.
Obi-Wan: I didn’t say anything.


Emperor: The time has come. Execute Order 66.


Obi-Wan: Another happy landing.


Grievous: Anakin Skywalker. I expected someone with your reputation to be a little…older.
Anakin: General Grievous…you’re shorter than I expected.


Padme: Obi-Wan…there…is good in him. I know there is…still…


Obi-Wan: You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness.


Grievous: That wasn’t much of a rescue.
Battle Droid: You’re welcome.



Episode 4: A New Hope –
Tarkin: Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.


Darth Vader: Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you have created. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

 
Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.


Han: Uh, everything’s under control. Situation normal.
Comm: What happened?
Han: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but, uh…everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Comm: We’re sending a squad up.
Han: Uh, uh…negative, negative. We had a reactor leake here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous.
Comm: Who is this? What’s your operating number?
Han: Uh… [shoots intercom] Boring conversation, anyway.


Luke: It’s not impossible. I used to bull’s-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home.


Leia: Governor Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding Vader’s leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board.


Leia: Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?!



Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back –
Leia: I am not a committee!


Han: And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!


Darth Vader: No, Luke. I am your father.
Luke: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder!
Han: Who’s scruffy looking?


Han: Never tell me the odds.


Han: Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
Leia: I’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee.
Han: I can arrange that.


Yoda: Wars not make one great.


Yoda: No. Try not. Do…or do not. There is no try.


Darth Vader: I am altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter it any further.


Boba Fett: He’s no good to me dead.



Episode 6: Return of the Jedi –
Admiral Ackbar: “It’s a trap!”


Luke: I’ll not leave you here. I’ve got to save you.
Anakin: You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister…you were right.


Yoda: When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.


Han: I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big lright blur.
Luke: There’s nothing to see. I used to live here, you know.
Han: You’re gonna die here, you know. Convenient.


Jabba: This bounty hunter is my kind of scum: fearless and inventive.


Luke: Never. I’ll never turn to the Dark Side. You’ve failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.


C-3PO: His high exaltedness, the Great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately.
Han: Good. I hate long waits.
C-3PO: You will therefore be taken to the Dune Sea, and cast into the Pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlaac.
Han: Doesn’t sound so bad.
C-3PO: In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years.
Han: On second thought, let’s pass on that, huh?


Han: I don’t know. Fly casual.


Han: Who are you?
Leia: Someone who loves you.


C-3PO: Wonderful. We are now a part of the tribe.
Han: Just what I always wanted.


Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness.
Emperor: Your faith in your friends is yours.





What are some of your favorite Star Wars quotes?




 - Edessa, signing off


4 comments:

  1. Most of my favorites were on here....except one.

    Qui-Gon: You hear that?
    Jar-Jar: Yeah?
    Qui-Gon: That is the sound of a thousand terrible things coming this way.
    Obi-Wan: If they find us, they will catch us, grind us into tiny pieces and blast us into oblivion.

    The Star Wars poster reminded me of one I saw in Applebees. It was an original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love Star Wars quu should quotes :))) YOu should include EU :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Padme: So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause."

    One of my favorite Star Wars quotes ever. Seriously. It is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Never tell me the odds" <3 I wrote a blog on that one. I say it all the time. also "I find your lack of Faith disturbing." and "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder!" Im pretty much in love with anything they say in those movies. haha. I quote Star Wars for a living.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D