Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blogiversary Plans

I'm so excited because in just a few days HNED will be having its first blogiversary!  It's so amazing that I've been blogging for a whole year now, but I'll save all that gushy stuff for the actual anniversary post.

Because I wasn't sure what to do to celebrate HNED's first birthday, I asked my awesome Followers for their suggestions and one of them suggested that I do some sort of Q&A post.  That sounds pretty cool to me, so that's part of what my anniversary post will include (besides talking about how awesome of a first year this has been).

In order to do that, though, I'll need to call upon all of you - my wonderful Followers - for help.  If there's any question about anything you'd like me to answer (something about myself, or my opinion about some issue, or randomosity, or anything that doesn't belong in any of those categories), then totally comment below and I will answer all of them.

Yep.  All of them.

So comment away!  Ask anything and everything (unless it's something crass or inappropriate.  Don't ask those), and I will answer every last one of them.  If you could get your questions to me by April 18th that would be wonderful.  If you post a question after the 18th, it may or may not end up in the final product.  Just a fair warning.

I also thought it would be cool if HNED managed to get 16,000 pageviews and/or 40 Followers by April 20th (the blogiversary date).  HNED's at just a little bit over 15,000 views and 34 Followers right now, but I think it's totally possible to reach 16,000 views and 40 Followers by the end of next week.  So if you guys would like to help reach that goal by referring HNED to your family and friends, that would be so awesome!

The Q&A is my main plan right now with the view/Follower goals secondary, but if you have any suggestions of something else I could also do to celebrate HNED's birthday then I would totally love to hear them.  Just post your suggestions below, and I'll definitely consider each one.

Well, that's all I've got right at this moment, but I'm looking forward to reading and answering all of your questions.  This will be so much fun!

I hope you guys are having a great week!  God bless!




 - Edessa, signing off


9 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I will try and come back and comment with some questions later after class. =)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds so exciting!!

    Here are my questions: what is your favorite time period in history and why? What are your top five favorite video games? What is your favorite social networking website (Facebook, Tumblr, etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would follow this blog, but my WordPress account doesn't like to work here. So, I will have to just do the periodical checking.

    And now for the questions:

    Marvel or DC?
    Who is your favorite Avenger?
    Have you ever read Percy Jackson and what is your opinion on it?
    Are you excited for the new Hobbit movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Percy Jackson :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Batmobile or Tumbler or Ferrari?

    Getting somebody in the face with a snowball or down the coat?

    Stuff falling on your head: brick, anvil, dynamite, or the entire contents of Arkham Asylum?
    Who is the best band ever?

    Bob Jones or Abeka?

    Originals or Prequel Trilogy?

    Fav pie?

    Who would you fangirl over most if they asked you out for coffee: Richard Armitage, Batman, Boba Fett, or all 3 million clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic?

    Germany or Czech?

    Me or Ahsoka or Darth Marr? =P JK Don't answer that.

    Fav Sith and fav Jedi?

    That should keep you talking for a while!


    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see...

    1. Which Doctor (from the reboot of Doctor Who) is your favorite? (Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, or Matt Smith)

    2. ARC-170 or X-wing?

    3. Doctor Who or Stargate Atlantis?

    4. Lego Star Wars III or Lego Lord of the Rings?

    5. RED or Skillet?

    6. What do you think of Skillet's new song, Sick of It?

    7. What do you think of RED's latest album, Release the Panic?

    8. How many times have you watched The Princess Bride?

    9. Do you play any instruments?

    10. What's your favorite type of cheese?

    11. Do you like mexican food?

    12. How long do you plan to keep HNED going?

    13. How did you come up with your online name, Edessa Carrick?

    14. What types of music do you like?

    15. What do you think of the LotR soundtracks?

    16. What is your favorite series of books?

    17. What is your favorite LotR book?

    18. What type of pie do you like?

    19. Do you enjoy math?

    20. Who is your favorite Star Wars bounty hunter?

    *grins* That should keep you busy... =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a random idea, but I think it would be really cool if you also did a Holocron podcast of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why did you decide to make this blog?

    What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?

    What is your favorite movie and why?

    Happy blogiversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some others might have already asked these questions but here they are:

    Iron Man or Batman?

    What is Favorite Comic Book based movie?

    Which aspect of the Star Wars universe do you hate the most(Jar Jar, Gascon)?

    What is your alien species?

    What is your favorite sci-fi movie other than Star Wars?

    What films do you plan to see in theaters this year?

    What is your favorite animated movie?

    What is your favorite sport?

    Who is your favorite movie character?

    Looking forward to your answers! =D

    -James

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D