Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers

Please tell me I'm not the only person who wants to eat the castle....
Do you want to know what drives me nuts?

Ok, you probably don't, but I'll tell you anyway...


...Movies about food or movies that showcase really delicious looking food.

It's not that those movies are neccesarily bad plot-wise or acting-wise or anything. It's just because they make me want to eat!

Take Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, for instance. I saw that movie in theaters, and before a fourth of the film was over I was literally focused on how badly I wanted to eat the Jell-O castle, and the ice cream snow, and even the big evil gummi bears looked appetizing. And it wasn't like I was hungry or anything. Just seeing all of that food made me feel like I should be snacking on something, anything! It's such a curse because then I end up focusing on snacking instead of the movie. It drives me nuts!

Well, hopefully I'll remember to bring along some snack food if ever I see the Cloudy sequel.


Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers is a sequel to 2009's Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, which was loosely based on a children's book by the same title. Cloudy 2 will not be based off of the book's sequel, Pickles to Pittsburgh, but is following an original idea instead.

"Cloud 2 picks up where the first movie left off, with Flint Lockwood discovering that his evil machine which turns water into food is still operating and now creating mutant food beasts. With the fate of humanity in his hands, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheesespiders and other food creatures to save the world" (Movie Insider).

Didn't he do that in the first film?

I guess heroes never run out of humanity-saving missions...

Directing this Sony Pictures Animation film are Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, and this is a directing debut for both of them. The screenplay was written by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein (both were also the screenwriters for 2011's Horrible Bosses).

Bill Hader (Turbo, Men in Black III, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, Hop) reprises his role as Flint Lockwood, the man who invented the evil turn-water-into-food-machine-that-is-now-threatening-the-world. Anna Faris (The Dictator, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel, Lost in Translation) also returns as weather reporter and Flint's love interest Sam Sparks. The rest of the cast includes James Caan (For the Love of Money, Elf) as Flint's father, Andy Samberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Benjamin Bratt, Terry Crews, Will Forte, and Kristen Schaal.

The film is currently in the production stage (meaning that they have begun filming) as of August 21, 2012. Cloudy 2 will be in theaters nationwide on February 7, 2014, and it will be available in 3D....which will undoubtably make my hunger paigns even worse....


Do you think that Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers will be Good, Bad, or Ugly? Do films concerning food make you feel hungry, too, or is it just me? =)




 - Edessa, signing off

4 comments:

  1. Ummmm...no. Don't make another one. The first one was weird enough! Plus, all the food made me hungry...and then sick! Please! No! Aaagghh!

    Yeah, I'm definitely not going to see that. XD And it sounds almost like a replay of the first movie like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first the movie made me mad, but then, after watching it again, it became one of my favorites. And it doesn't make me hungry. (then again, I am always hungry.)

    As for the sequel, definitely good. NERDS UNITE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, sorry but that is funny. :) I have not seen the first one, was it any good?

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought that he saved the world last time? is that all heroes ever do? rescue humanity from its own stupidity?! :) i totally would love to eat that jello castle BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D