Sunday, April 22, 2012

Is. 55:13 And Some Randomness

Every Sunday I will post my Verse For The Week as well as some general randomness.

Today at church my pastor cross-referenced his sermon with Isaiah 55:10-13, and I would like to share the last verse with you:

"Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress; instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle; and it shall make a name for the LORD, an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off" - Is. 55:13 (ESV).

I really like this verse because, in context, it shows a really amazing transformation. The thorns and briers in the verse are us - sinful human beings who are, by nature, eternally separated from God - but when the Word of God falls on us our sin (the thorns and briers) do not grow bigger. Instead, we grow into magestic cypress and myrtle trees (plants that are very special and prized in the Middle East). I just find it so amazing that God would care so much about us that He would turn our sharp edges into something that glorifies Him forever and ever. It really is so awesome, and I encourage all of you to think about how God is currently changing your thorns into a prized tree. :)



One of my hobbies is taking screenshots. Kind of a strange hobby, I know, but I think it's such a fun thing to do. Anyway, below are some screenshots I took from The Clone Wars Season 2 episode, "Brain Invaders." Enjoy! :D






























Tomorrow I'll be posting the weekend Box Office numbers. We'll see if The Hunger Games managed to keep the #1 position for the fifth week in a row....



 - Edessa, signing off

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog. I am also a Christian and a mega Star Wars fan.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy the blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. And "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from "Bambi"). Other than that, all comments, suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, and compliments are more than welcome!

Post away! :D